Thanks to technological advancements, the world has witnessed a steady evolution of gadgets, from wired telephones to mobile phones to digital wristwatches. This digital evolution is aimed at improving the lives of individuals by providing convenience and comfort.
While most people might argue that a digital watch has no significant importance, research has proven that there are numerous things it does that a mobile phone cannot do. Imagine the stress of taking out your mobile phone from your bag or pocket each time you hear a beep. With a digital watch, individuals save themselves the trouble by always having their notifications appear on their screens.
The Apple Watch was made to offer customers a user-friendly experience by combining sophistication and quality performance. The sophistication with which iWatches are built gives them a classy appearance with multiple internal features. The quality of performance, however, comprises most of its battery life.
It can get really frustrating when you realize that the capacity and lifespan of your iWatch is no longer sustainable. There are a couple of reasons for this performance decline, which will be further discussed in this article.
Causes of declining battery performance in iWatches
The average battery life for new iWatches is eighteen hours. Anything below would mean that your iWatch battery is declining.
To understand the causes, the tasks of an iWatch will be outlined. These tasks include:
- Displaying and allowing access to notifications ;
- Automatically tracking all exercise forms ;
- Using Apple Pay to make payments easier ;
- Responding to messages and taking phone calls in real time ;
- Controlling your Apple television automatically ;
- Locating misplaced phones.
Even for mobile phones, repeatedly doing these tasks will take a toll on the battery performance overtime.
One major cause of battery drain can be attributed to using fake chargers. Lots of replicas and fakes exist in the market presently. In your quest to always charge with a fast charger, ensure that the charger you use is genuine.
Running background applications is another cause for decline in iWatch batteries. This happens with phones as well. From observation, we observed that the more background applications are open, the faster your battery dies.
Your data connectivity also affects your battery. A watch on Apple support, whose Wi-Fi or cellular data connection is always on, is more likely to drain faster.
Simple ways to improve battery performance on iWatches
Below are some tips you could consider when thinking of ways to fix a draining Apple Watch battery. These tips require no major technical skills.
- Restarting your iWatch ;
- Disabling wake screens ;
- Enabling power saving mode ;
- Disabling unused background applications ;
- Checking iWatch activity on a regular basis ;
- Changing the auto brightness ;
- Managing notifications by limiting the number of notifications received per app ;
- Keeping your iWatch up-to-date ;
- Making the “Always on display” option disabled ;
- Switching off all data connections when they are not in use ;
- Switching off Apple’s “Siri”.
A majority of the causes leading to poor battery performance in iWatches are often software related. After trying out the solutions above and the rapid drain still persists, you might want to consider taking it to a repair and maintenance expert.