When the rollouts of 5G networks and the deployment of 5G networks move forwards across the world, network operators and telcos expect private 5G networks (known as the most exciting 5G application) are going to boost revenues in enterprise private deployment. Why private 5G networks are expected to become a key source of revenue for telecom companies? 5G is designed with enterprises’ needs in mind as the network has lower latency, faster transmission speeds, and increased network capacity that facilitates enterprises’ digitization, and therefore enterprise business will also start growing. For example, Apollo Hospitals announced the colonoscopy procedure with the necessary image processing that has been transmitted with artificial intelligence (AI) in real-time, which was possible using the hospital’s private 5G network, deployed by Bharti Airtel. So, now let us see how Telcos will start deploying private 5G networks to boost revenues along with Smart 4G Tester, 4G LTE Tester, 4G Network Tester and VOLTE Testing tools & Equipment and Smart Best wireless site survey software, site survey tools for wireless networks & Wifi site survey software app in detail.
A private network is a local area network that creates a dedicated network with unified connectivity by using cellular technologies within a specific geographic area – 5G is 10 times more than 4G which works with a host of technologies to enable faster, more efficient, streamlined business operations. Private 5G is intended for large manufacturing camp complexes, enterprises, and many other non-public use. 5G can transform the underlying core network architecture to support virtualization and integrates artificial intelligence (AI), automation, edge computing, IoT, cloud applications, etc., that help overcome the limitations of legacy networks thereby enabling new use cases.
5G networks can facilitate a list of business results, such as:
- Allow employees with faster, more efficient, connected devices to improve their productivity.
- With 5G, you will be able to restructure production, business operations, and warehouse management by leveraging data to predict outcomes.
- Facilitate high-quality video and conference calls as well as accelerate the time-to-market of products and services.
- Incorporate immersive AR and VR experiences such as virtual walkthroughs for customers, employees, and stakeholders thereby transforming the customer experience.
Network slicing is one of the important features of 5G used for providing private 5G solutions to enterprises – allowing firms to create dedicated virtual networks on demand for temporary ultra-low latency use cases. A private 5G network is also more secure compared to a public 5G network – one of the reasons why companies prefer secure deployments as private 5G. Enterprises can gain from the advanced features 5G offers as the technology (5G) provides a secure, cost-effective solution that supports machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, IoT, AR/VR, AI, robotics, and more.
Private 5G networks bring high monetization opportunities, especially with Industry 4.0 applications, and some of them are as follows:
- Smart buildings, smart cities, smart farms, smart factories, transport systems, and so on.
- Connected offices, including sensor-based building management.
- Virtual surgeries in hospitals, telemedicine, implantable device monitoring.
- Connected drones, sensors, cameras, and RFID devices in agriculture land or farms to monitor soil quality and irrigation systems.
- Virtual classrooms, remote learning, holographic AR.
- Immersive shopping experiences such as magic mirrors and virtual assistants, recognizing shopper behavior through video analysis, automated checkout at unmanned stores, etc.
The evolution to 5G requires large capital expenditure but ROI will give from more than consumer mobile business hence, private 5G will see widespread adoption and continue to grow. In the end, the telcos will be happy because a new revenue stream for them will open up. 5G networks will increase the growth of enterprises in their digital journey, so the network should be monitored continuously to provide a stable connection with congestion-free coverage. For this, you can use RantCell, which is a smartphone-based app developed to measure network performance on 5G/4G coverages. RantCell app is not only beneficial for network monitoring remotely but also saves you money by preventing you from purchasing any hardware and visiting onsite to do the test.