Amazon.com is the biggest online market in the world. 40% of the eCommerce market is under the control of the online retailer alone in the US. With over 300 million active users and 2.45 billion monthly visits, Amazon clearly has a significant presence. That kind of traffic is simply not possible for your own online store. You can benefit from some of that traffic by selling on Amazon without having to spend a lot of money on marketing and SEO.
In addition to being sizable, Amazon’s customer base is also fiercely devoted. Over 157.4 million people are Prime members, and the majority of them start their product searches on AMZN, according to eMarketer. Thus, dropshipping on Amazon is clearly worth it. Here is an Amazon Dropshipping Guide for Novices and Beginners.
Dropshipping on Amazon
When you adhere to the requirements outlined in Amazon’s dropshipping policy, you are permitted to dropship. You should follow these guidelines if you want a dropship supplier to ship orders on your behalf:
- The seller on record should be you. You should be identified as the seller on all packing slips, invoices, exterior packaging, and other related documents.
- It is best to keep the supplier’s identity a secret.
- Before the order is sent, you should throw away any packing slips, invoices, external packaging, or other documentation that names a third-party drop shipper.
- Accepting and processing customer returns is your responsibility. Respect the conditions of the seller agreement and any other laws that may be relevant.
The platform strictly forbids the following types of dropshipping:
- Buying goods from another online merchant, who will then ship the orders directly to customers without identifying you as the seller of record.
- Including any external packaging, packing slips, invoices, or other related documents that have a seller’s name or different contact details from yours.
Your account might be suspended if you do not follow these rules.
Is Dropshipping on Amazon Worth It?
You can benefit a lot when you dropship on Amazon, yes. There is only one reason why you may have been interested in dropshipping or searching for posts on how to start dropshipping on Amazon, and that’s fine: you want to make money. However, make sure you are well aware of the likelihood of success before starting any business, including Amazon dropshipping. There is only one way to determine the dropshipping model’s potential for profit, and that is by calculating the dropshippers’ earnings.
About 50% of AMZ’s revenue comes from third-party sellers, and drop shippers are responsible for a sizable portion of this income. The typical dropshipper earns between $100 and $50,000 per month. Therefore, this is a great time to launch your Amazon dropshipping business. Beginners may find dropshipping intimidating, especially since it appears impossible to sell on Amazon without having any inventory.
Furthermore, many “Dropshippingfor Beginners guides” tend to concentrate on the complicated details while leaving the fundamentals up to the sellers to figure out. Thus, if you searched “How to dropship on Amazon,” it is unlikely that you would find specific, useful instructions that would guide you through the entire procedure. However, you might find it challenging navigating the market if you do not know how to start dropshipping on Amazon.